Thursday, March 24, 2011

Conexpo Open Day 2!

Hello all,

Worked the booth all day today and the booth staff was amazing!  Nice job to try to handle the crowds.  It was like a rock concert.  If anyone is reading this who did not get to talk to someone at our booth, I would like to apologize.  We tried to get to everyone in a fair manner.

Some things to think about.  Sales of the 31000 Crane, the P&H 4100XPC, the Coke Drum and the Komatsu PC8000 models are going fast.  I would get your order in and not wait as they will all be sellouts.

More pics will come here tomorrow night from the booth - details on the 4100XPC as well as some other models in the booth - just no time to get them taken today.

Had dinner with TWH and NZG tonight.  Michael Ludwig, Karin and Thomas were here from Germany to see some clients at the show.  No new models were delivered from them - but they are working on some top secret items.

Met with Christine, Paul and son from Conrad Models yesterday and today too.   Glad I was able to see the baby - 4th generation of the Conrad Family!  Christine had a box under her arm but would not give it up no matter how much I offered.  She was talking to Ryan Sanders when I had to return to the booth this afternoon.

Many customers arrived today - nice to see them all here.  I know, I know,... where are new pics Chuck?  I am working on it.

Concrete plant I took some pics of is always in the ASTEC booth - the model has expanded since the first time I saw it 6 years ago.  I met the model maker last year and had a nice conversation.  The model is very well done - I will try to find some new pics of it - scale is about 1:10-1:16.

That's it for now - talk to you again tomorrow.